Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The magical boxes of John Dilnot

High Trail (58 x 18 x 7 cm)Spotted Woodpeckers (33 x 19 x 8cm)Moths Collection (26 x 19x 7cm)

Over Dover( 28 x 21 x 7 cm)

Since seeing the work of John Dilnot work last year in the RDS I have fallen in love with it! These beautiful boxes are actually very small so John must have the patience of a saint and a very steady pair of hands! They are so intriguing; I could have stared at them for hours. They remind me slightly of an animated nature lesson I would have had as a child. It is no wonder he has exhibited in galleries as prestigious as the V&A and the Tate.

1 comment:

  1. wow!
    they remind me of your lovely boxes in core actually!

    love the little pic of you, you look like a russian princess.

    see you soon
    x

    ReplyDelete